- The Grizzlies are 19-18? Next thing you’re going to tell me Zach Randolph may be an NBA all star. Oh wait…(20 pts/g 11 reb/g)
- Lane Kiffin to USC makes perfect sense in the world of College Coaching. Loyalty only counts when it’s convenient.
- I’d like to fast forward to Saturday at 4pm. #NFL
- I’d like to forget my horrible prediction of this past Saturday. My boy B-RAD let me have it for making some stupid guesses. How easy I forget about the Bengals…If I had a pulpit to stand at…it would go something like this..
Seattle, Washington – (Un-Associated Press) It’s beginning to be a trend for Coaches at Universities with potential sanctions against them to bolt early for another job. Pete Carroll joins John Calipari as a high profile coach who shuffled off to another coaching vacancy to escape a possible sanction against their former team. Does this mean Mr. Carroll wisn the award for idiot of the week? Oh no…
Congratulations to the Seattle Seahawks for being idrinksport.com’s idiot of the week.
10:54pm Update…through almost two games, my predictions and dreams are going up in smoke. lol
The NFL playoffs are upon us this weekend and we are here to break down each game with the storylines you should follow.
Jets @ Bengals
- Rematch of last weeks butt whooping has Rex Ryan confident. So confident he thinks his team is the favorite to win the Super Bowl. Source
- Sexual Healing has Ocho Cinco ready to play? Source
- Prediction: Bengals 23, Jets 13
- I think it’s a horrible way to start the day this morning, RIP Chris Henry. Even with all his past history, this was a shocking end. Where do the Bengals go from here? 2 horrible tragedies this year. Good luck to them.
- I’m thinking what took so long for Tiger’s wife to get the divorce process started? (if the reports of it happening are true by almost every news source)
- I think if you don’t have the NFL network you are going to miss some great games on Thursday and Saturday this week. I won’t shed a tear.
- I think Vinny Cerrato being let go is a move that had to happen for the Redskins. Bringing in someone else doesn’t change the fact that you have an owner who has way too much input on running the team.
- I’m thinking I better get started on Christmas shopping. Only one more week…ouch.
I enjoyed doing the rankings last week, figure i’d try to make it a weekly blog. Here is my rankings after week 8 games
(LW=last week’s ranking)
- (#2)New Orleans Saints 7-0- Strong performance on Monday night, + a struggle by the colts put the Saints at # 1. With that defense causing turnovers this team is scary.
- (#1)Indianapolis Colts 7-0- struggling with the 49ers might give the colts a gut check that it needs to go far in January
- (#4)Minnesota Vikings 7-1- Vikes showed Pack who will win the NFC North this year
- (#3)Denver Broncos 6-1- Did they ever get put in their place by the ravens? it only gets tougher with Pitt up next.
- (#5) New England Patriots 5-2- Will anyone challenge them in the AFC East?
- (#6) Cincinnati Bengals 5-2- Ravens then Steelers, can’t afford to drop these two. Split will do wonders to help control destiny.
- (#7) Pittsburgh Steelers 5-2- Broncos and Bengals come to town, steelers are starting to click at the right time.
- (#10) Philadelphia Eagles 5-2- McNabb’s back and looking good, DeSean Jackson is one of the surprise talents of ’09
- (#11) Dallas Cowboys 5-2- No more distractions players can actually focus nowand it shows
- (#14) Baltimore Ravens 4-3- Ravens need more consistency from D to compete for AFC North & wild card
- (#13) Houston Texans 5-3- 3 straight W’s for texans, next up undefeated Colts
- (#10) Arizona Cardinals 4-3- Can’t afford to drop 2 straight, trip to Soldier field can help rewrite their season
- (#12) Atlanta Falcons 4-3- Defense needs improvement if they want a wild card spot
- (#13) Green Bay Packers 4-3- Can aaron rodgers make it through the rest of the season continuing to get beat up.
- (#9) New York Giants 5-3- Coughlin needs to regroup team before their playoff chances slip away
- (#17) San Diego Chargers 4-3- If LT has one of those games with 2tds every other game, watch out broncos.
- (#18) Chicago Bears 4-3- Need forte to be the pro bowl back he was last year to continue their playoff hopes
- (#19) Miami Dolphins 3-4- Swept the Jets, that’ll shut up Mr. Ron White in New York, need a lot of help this year
- (#16) New York Jets 4-4- You can talk all you want, but if you can’t back it up going to be a long year
- (#21) San Fransisco 49ers 3-4- There is no moral victories in the NFL but they have to feel confident going forward.
- (#24) Carolina Panthers 3-4- Iif williams and stewart get back to form from 08 they will be competitive.
- (#20) Jacksonville Jaguars 3-4- MJD enough said, he has carried them this whole year
- (#22) Buffalo Bills 3-5- TO finally scored, on a run? He needs to be involved more for them to not have a losing season.
- (#23) Seattle Seahawks 2-5- Hello Detroit, lions are always a good pick me up. Where is TJ?
- (#25) Washington Redskins 2-5- No offensive struggles this week. Grant it, it was their bye week. But baby steps
- (#28) Tennessee Titans 1-6-Running the ball like that will make vince look good every time.
- (#26) Oakland Raiders 2-5- Nothing really positive coming from Oakland, doesn’t help their coach is in the headlines.
- (#26) Detroit Lions 1-6- Lions can relax rest of season, since they can’t go 0-16 again. Don’t see many more victories on their schedule
- (#29) Kansas City Chiefs 1-6- How can they keep LJ rest of the season, got to put the hammer down.
- (#30) St. Louis Rams 1-7- Anyone else feel bad for Steven Jackson?
- (#32) Tamp Bay Buccaneers 0-7- Hey they didn’t lose, there is something positive
- (#31) Cleveland Browns 1-7- Can mangini last the whole year?
I think this may be our first idiot of the week due to a tweet. Every Monday morning I wake up and read the Monday Morning QB from Peter King on CNNSI (As should you!) and in his column, found our idiot of the week.
Congratulations to Larry Johnson for being our idrinksport.com Idiot of the Week. Continue reading
10 Mid week thoughts
1. My first thought goes out to all the Brett Favre Haters…a big “Child Please” as OchoCinco says. I know this…everyone in Minnesota was saying “What the hell is Brett Favre doing here” yesterday. That reminds me of this…19 seconds in..”He’s in town to play the dolphins dumb ass.”
2. The Yankees have cemented their lead, 7 games as of the 19th of August. Ballgames Saucxxx and Rays.
Michael Vick has been a huge story in almost every newscast since he was released from Federal Custody and this week was no different. Andy Reid and the Philadelphia Eagles decided that they would take a chance on the Felon QB with quick legs and a 53.8 career completion percentage. You know what’s coming next…Congratulations to Andy Reid and the Philadelphia Eagles, for being our idiot of the week for August 17th. Continue reading
Well news has broke of Brett Favre and his decision to stay retired. Now the Vikings have even less time to find their #1 QB. However, there is still quite a competition for the backup role.
1. Sad to hear Jim Johnson lost his battle with cancer, RIP. The guy was a defensive genius with the blitzing and you could almost fill anyone in the front 7 for the eagles and know that they would be fierce and get after the ball.
2. Brett Favre to stay retired? WHAT?!?!?!?! Why Brett? We could have had some great games to watch, could you have imagined Brett returning to Cheeseville with a Vikings jersey on? That would have been Must See TV…and why is everyone mad at Brett? The guy deserves to play if he wants to and who cares if he takes forever to decide, he’s all time great.