- If someone told me that Tiger Woods would play at this years Masters, and that I have the option to sleep away the next two months and jump right to that event…I’d ask, “which button do I press”.
- Time for everyone to begin hating on Brett Favre again as he ponders whether he will return or not. I hope he does. I enjoy watching him play every minute. Ditto Peyton Manning.
- The drama surrounding Kurt Warner’s retirement isn’t all that big to me. The guy plays every bit of 38. I’m not going to get worked up over any guy at the age of 38 retiring, especially when that guy feels the need to wear gloves indoors.
- Does any #1 College Mens team want to hang onto that title? Kansas, Texas, and now Kentucky…
- Speaking of Kentucky, Monday they began selling this shirt:
Talk about a Jinx. I thought my boy Duane with his profile pictures was the ultimate Jinx.
It would be easy to pile on the Vikings for their miscues and mistakes in the game yesterday but generally we don’t like to give the Idiot of the week for heat of the moment decisions that go bad. Which is why I am going to love the next sentence.
Congratulations to the New York Knicks for their long overdue award as idrinksport.com’s Idiot of the week.
Can the matchups get any better than the two games we have on Sunday? The Jets are this seasons Cinderella story as Rex Ryan has the defensive minded Jets looking to blank a Colts team who is led by one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game. Brett Favre has led the Vikings to new heights as they head to the Big Easy to face the high flying Saints.
As a young chap growing up in the rough streets of Waynesboro, & Winchester, VA I remember getting excited about the NBA All-Star weekend. You had all the big name superstars showing off their talents. There was Bird, Reggie miller, and mark price in the 3-point shoot out. Then the mack daddy of them all, the dunk contest, Dominique, Jordan, Kobe, Vince, and the list goes on. And then the actual game wasn’t that bad either, you had players who actually took the game serious and had good competition. Oh how the recent all star weekend has gone so bland, and unentertaining.
Here’s 2 videos to brighten your day.
Generally I try to be all cute with my opening paragraph but today I’m going to get straight to the point. Mark McGwire, you are a ******* idiot if you think we believe that the Steroids you took for a decade didn’t help you hit more home runs.
Congratulations to Mark McGwire and his steroid sculpted muscles for being idrinksport.com’s idiot of the week.
So I ended up working late on a Friday which means I’m going to have to pound a few to catch up. As the beer is flowing I might as well hit up the Blog before I can’t see straight.
Here’s the NFL Predictions for this weekend.
Those who are gifted enough to play collegiate sport know all too well of the coaching carousel that is in today’s sports. Here you get coaches showing up at your door step promising you of playing time and being coached by them for your collegiate career. So you pick your university or college based on the coach and coaching style, and think to yourself this is going to be awesome. And then before you start going to school you hear in the news….This Just In…..Lane Kiffin is now the Head Coach of USC or Pete Carroll is now the Seattle Seahawks Head Coach.
- The Grizzlies are 19-18? Next thing you’re going to tell me Zach Randolph may be an NBA all star. Oh wait…(20 pts/g 11 reb/g)
- Lane Kiffin to USC makes perfect sense in the world of College Coaching. Loyalty only counts when it’s convenient.
- I’d like to fast forward to Saturday at 4pm. #NFL
- I’d like to forget my horrible prediction of this past Saturday. My boy B-RAD let me have it for making some stupid guesses. How easy I forget about the Bengals…If I had a pulpit to stand at…it would go something like this..
It’s been a hot min since I’ve dropped 2 videos on a Tuesday. Here ya go.