As we head into the night and move onto 2010, let’s hope we continue to have a great year of football. Some intriguing matchups in College Football and the NFL this coming weekend.
Here’s your must see schedule for tonight and tomorrow.
7:30 Tonight – ESPNHD Virginia Tech vs Tennessee (CFB)
1pm Florida State vs Penn State (CBSHD) (CFB)
1pm Boston Bruins vs Philadelphia Plyers (Outdoors on NBCHD)(NHL)
2:30 WVA at Purdue (ESPNHD) (CBB)
5pm Oregon vs Ohio State (ABCHD) (CFB)
8pm Florida vs Cincinnati (ABCHD) (CFB)
This weekend was an odd one for the Florida Gators. One minute they’re getting ready for a huge BCS game, the next minute their coach is resigning, the next minute he’s back. I still don’t know what happened.
Congratulations to Urban Meyer for being our idiot of the week.
As the Holidays roll on we find ourselves at week 16 of the NFL season. Here are the storylines as we head into our cover it live chat.
- Albert Haynesworth is sent home from practice.
- Brett Favre and Childress battle for control. They better get this worked out quick.
- Mike Vick winning a courage award this week? That’s a spit in the face of Ed Block.
- Various sources saying Polamalu will miss another week. Can the Ravens seal the Steelers fate?
- Can the Broncos stop their slide vs the Eagles?
I know what you are thinking, this isn’t even a debate. It’s college football all the way, and I don’t discredit that at all. The Commish is all for anything football except the UFL, that’s like watching the Raiders vs. Browns. But the question isn’t which one is better it’s about taking what works from one and combining them to make a super baby ala Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen.
This week we explore the possibility of 3 winners.
It was a huge victory last night for the Cowboys as they took down the previously undefeated Saints. Last nights victory comes on the heels of a great Thursday Night Battle between the Jaguars and Colts. The Colts won that game and remained undefeated at 14-0.
Some of the other major storylines heading into Sunday’s normal slate of games:
- Chris Henry’s untimely passing has the Bengals reeling as they head into Sundays crucial AFC matchup with the Chargers.
- Vinny Cerrato “resigned” this week and has moved on from being the Redskins main decision maker. Not really newsworthy when everyone knows it’s going to happen.
- Randy Moss is taking some heat from the NFL Media for supposedly tanking it last week.
- Lawrence Phillips was sentenced to 31 years in jail for his crimes.
- ESPN is reporting that the NFLPA will cover any fine that Chad OchoCinco receives for wearing Chris Henry’s Jersey Number on Sunday.
- Holmgren turns down Seattle job
- Bears @ Ravens and 49ers @ Eagles pushed from 1pm to 4pm for Weather related reasons.
- Join our Cover it live event all day Sunday, 1pm to close.
As we have every NFL Sunday this year we will have another cover it live chat as we follow all the games and fantasy stats. Feel free to join us!
For tonight’s game we will be commenting on twitter.
Must read stories on this Friday from around the web.
- This 4 year old has a bright future at idrinksport.com:
- Great Blog at the Houston Press on which upcoming NBA games should have dollar beer night.
- Welcome back Walgreens, we are so proud of you for bringing back Beer and Wine…
- Thanks to Maint for this one on Kevin Durant’s New Creamsicle shoe.
- This picture is on the following link…lol
Idrink sport readers, I have set up a college bowl mania at espn.com. Bring your confidence and swagger to the game.
idrinksport is the group name, and the password is idrinksport.
College Bowl Mania
I am down for throwing money on it