Thought I would pass this article along as I found it a great read. Baseball has seen it’s fair share of bad press but this article really shines on one of Baseballs all time greats and his son, who is now a big leaguer himself for the same Padres his dad played for. Baseball needs more stories like this.
A mission of every Hangover Chronicle is to find a hangover cure or bust the myth of it really curing a hangover. The Creator of the Hangover Chronicles, “Put em down” Brown, had a vision of where these blogisodes would take us and how they would eventually help the drinking community overcome the dreaded hangover. However, a month ago the drinking community lost a fearless leader when “Put em down” went to the Betty Ford clinic due to alcohol abuse and the stress being put on him by attempting to cure hangovers. This past week, Mr. Brown let us know that he was out of the clinic and back home having a few drinks as he tries to get back in shape in time for the late summer/fall season of the Hangover Chronicles. We wish him the best of luck for a full recovery.
This week in the Hangover Chronicles we will be attempting to add minerals back to our body via Pickles and Tunafish.
For being as unproven as Ricky Rubio, Jennings really has some big ones to be stating some of the stuff he does. Big props to deadspin for the transcript: http://deadspin.com/5303709/brandon-jennings-continues-to-offend-well-everyone
The video is below, although if you aren’t a fan of poor video quality and foul language, you may want to skip the video.
I saw an article on ESPN and couldn’t help but laugh. Apparently people are getting a little carried away with the grunting, and some people are speaking out about it.
It’s Monday and idrinksport is on the clock again…and with the 14th pick for idiot of the week, idrinksport selects the Minnesota Timberwolves as idiot of the week.
Last Tuesday the Minnesota Timberwolves completed a deal with the Washington Wizards to send two good players for the 5th pick in the NBA Draft. What would they use that 5th pick for? A Spanish 18 year old with a lot of “potential”. Although you could very easily win the idiot of the week award for that trade and selection, they then went to put icing on the cake by selecting two more point guards in the first round, including the very next pick.
Idiot of the Week Resume
– Selected 3 point guards after stock piling picks in this draft
– Traded two players to get the 5th pick in the draft, then selected Ricky Rubio with that pick, a player who has stated he doesn’t want to play for the Timberwolves and would rather stay in Spain.
– Timberwolves GM, David Kahn, stated on Mike and Mike this past week that they were 3 or 4 years away from competing for championships. NEWS FLASH: 3 or 4 years away in sports is unacceptable, especially when you have traded away players like Kevin Garnett, Mike Miller and Randy Foye.
- – Jordan Hill? Seriously NY, you couldn’t trade up or simply say “Pass”? I watched Jordan Hill in college, and just as I was unimpressed with Chase Budinger, I was with him. 8th pick in the draft? Wow.
- - The Wolves took 3 point guards and traded one. I think they may have traded the wrong one in trading lawson. Rubio? All his highlights were slow nifty passes against players who have never played against a crossover in their life. Lawson or Rubio? A national champion and all American point guard or some guy who played people in a soccer country like Spain.
In the following video, which one is the basketball player? I can’t tell. You also may hear him say “i’m not the best at anything”…i’m sold!
- T.O. got punked last night and just sat there and took it. I’m not sure what to really think about it. Is it Good that he didn’t attack the girl or is it bad that he stood there and took it? I think I already don’t care…
In the summer months it’s a common occurrence to have local friends over and meet up with friends that may have moved out of quick driving distance. With Sports taking a back seat during the summer, it’s time to focus on Friends, Drinking, and Drinking with Friends. Although we find it okay to continue pounding the Natural Light like we did in college with old friends, we do like to spice it up a little bit and try new things. That has lead us to our first summer review of a Beer drinking website that also adds food to the mix, barleydine.com