If your arm and hand were worth 29 million over two years, would getting into a fight even cross your mind? Even if you know that if anything goes wrong and it’s your fault, the employer will try to get back their money any way possible?
Well Congratulations Francisco Rodriguez for winning our idiot of the week award.
Rodriguez is accused of grabbing 53-year-old Carlos Pena, hauling him into a tunnel near the family lounge beneath Citi Field and hitting him in the face. Pena was taken to a hospital with a scrape and swelling above his eyebrow.
From Yahoo Sports
If we decided to have a section of just flat out Idiots and their ranking, our winner this week would be a 5 star ranking. The Buffalo Bills win our award this week for another decision that just baffles almost anyone. Congratulations to the organization who consistently lubes up their fan base and totally screws them over with decision after decision.
Let’s take a look at their profile and why their latest move just adds to a list of growing moves that only the Browns and Raiders can compare.
- 10 years of playoff less football in a league based on parity.
- Removed an aging Doug Flutie for the Sack prone Rob Johnson.
- Consistently choose the wrong coach. Even had one coach quit because he couldn’t take it.
- Last 3 GM’s. 80+ Marv Levy, A PR Guru, and now 70 year old first time GM – Buddy Nix.
- Traded away their star left tackle because they didn’t want to pay him. His replacement they cut before the first game of the season for no apparent reason. That same preseason, they fired their offensive coordinator before the season even started.
- Play a game in Toronto every year. Which negates an important home field advantage.
- Despite desperately needing a QB this year, chose to add depth to an already superb position at Running back.
- And the reason they are this week’s idiot of the week, the Buffalo Bills have released their two time pro bowl defensive end. Despite the Bills and their PR staff saying Schobel had wished to retire and move on from football, we now find out that Schobel was tired of playing for the Buffalo Bills and their decade long of losing. Despite interest in him, the Bills flat out released him instead of trying to trade him for even a low round draft pick. Way to go!
“It’s all fun and games until someone loses a reliever” – Yahoo Sports.
Congratulations to Grant Balfour and Jim Hickey for being our idiots of the week. After the two rough housed before batting practice this past Friday, Balfour was placed on the DL and will miss 4-6 weeks with an injured side.
For more on this story, head over to Yahoo Sports
Who is the idiot of the week this week? Roy Williams of the Dallas Cowboys. Why? Cause his ass got punked big time by a rookie WR who is all but surely going to send him to the bench. The high priced Williams tried to make Rookie WR Dez Bryant carry his pads and Bryant wasn’t having it.
"I’m not doing it," Bryant said. "I feel like I was drafted to play football, not carry another player’s pads."
"If I was a free agent, it would still be the same thing. I just feel like I’m here to play football. I’m here to try to help win a championship, not carry someone’s pads. I’m saying that out of no disrespect to [anyone]."
Translation of what Bryant wanted to say: I’m not carrying no punk’s pads, especially a bitch like Roy Williams.
AJ Burnett sealed the deal on his fate as our idiot of the week when he finally came clean about his injury to his hand. Frustrated during a quick outing last week, Burnett shoved the door to the clubhouse, which had a pair of plexiglass lineup holders, causing his hands to be cut.
Congratulation to AJ Burnett for being our idiot of the week.
For more on the story head on over to YAHOO Sports. Source
Outside of being the biggest bust in NFL History, JaMarcus Russell can now lay claim to being our Idiot of the week. Congratulations!
MOBILE, Ala. — Former Oakland Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell has been charged with possession of a controlled substance — codeine syrup — after being arrested at his home in Alabama on Monday, authorities said.
For more on why we made JaMarcus Russell our idiot of the week, check out the ESPN article detailing Russell’s arrest.
Virginia Beach, VA – (UnAssociated to the Press) A shooting outside a Virginia Beach Night Club has brought the Bad Michael Vick Stigma into the air again. A co-defendant of Michael Vick was shot shortly after a Birthday Party for Vick at the Night Club. Coincidence or is Vick partially to blame? Probably both.
Congratulations to Michael Vick and his brother Marcus Vick for being our idiots of the week for 6/28.
I’ve been a backer of Michael throughout this entire process, until now. The fact that he’s allowing his brother to promote a Birthday party openly on the web tells me he doesn’t get it. Vick continues to put himself in situations where he is surrounded by the wrong people, and that includes his brother. I’m not blaming Vick or his brother for the Shooting. I do however find it odd that a year after being released from Jail, a Convicted Felon on probation would openly throw a party at a club for his birthday and not expect something to possibly happen.
If you don’t get it now, you never will.
ProFootballTalk echoes the same statement:
Congratulations to the World Cup Ref Koman Coulibaly for winning our idiot of the week for 6/21.
During a World Cup match between the United States and Slovenia, Coulibaly disallowed a goal that would have put the United States up 3-2 with about 5 minutes of play left. Replays clearly showed no foul or off side.
Landon Donovan on the situation
On referee Koman Coulibaly, he added: "It was the guy’s first World Cup game, so maybe he got a little caught up in the moment, but you can’t take a perfectly good goal from a team, especially at a World Cup.
"When we asked him several times, in a non-confrontational manner, why he made that call, he just ignored us. Maybe he didn’t understand us since I don’t know how much English he speaks.
For more on this story –
A few facts to start this Idiot of the week Article.
- One of the most treasured trophies in all of sports is the Stanley Cup.
- 1961 was the last time the Chicago
Blackhawks Blawkhawks won a Stanley Cup before this year.
Congratulations to a Macy’s in Chicago for being our idiot of the week for the following attempt.
Thanks to Katherine of Chicago(flickr) for catching this one..
With the world cup upon us this week, we thought we’d honor a soccer player as idiot of the week.
Here you go.