- (#1)New Orleans Saints 8-0- Another Defensive TD, excelling in all 3 phases.
- (#2)Indianapolis Colts 8-0- Close calls can bring teams closer together.
- (#3)Minnesota Vikings 7-1- Bye week will help heal, watch out for more Peterson.
- (#5) New England Patriots 6-2- AFC Championship game preview vs colts?
- (#6) Cincinnati Bengals 6-2- If Cincy wants to be considerd a contender must win this sun.
I enjoyed doing the rankings last week, figure i’d try to make it a weekly blog. Here is my rankings after week 8 games
(LW=last week’s ranking)
- (#2)New Orleans Saints 7-0- Strong performance on Monday night, + a struggle by the colts put the Saints at # 1. With that defense causing turnovers this team is scary.
- (#1)Indianapolis Colts 7-0- struggling with the 49ers might give the colts a gut check that it needs to go far in January
- (#4)Minnesota Vikings 7-1- Vikes showed Pack who will win the NFC North this year
- (#3)Denver Broncos 6-1- Did they ever get put in their place by the ravens? it only gets tougher with Pitt up next.
- (#5) New England Patriots 5-2- Will anyone challenge them in the AFC East?
- (#6) Cincinnati Bengals 5-2- Ravens then Steelers, can’t afford to drop these two. Split will do wonders to help control destiny.
- (#7) Pittsburgh Steelers 5-2- Broncos and Bengals come to town, steelers are starting to click at the right time.
- (#10) Philadelphia Eagles 5-2- McNabb’s back and looking good, DeSean Jackson is one of the surprise talents of ’09
- (#11) Dallas Cowboys 5-2- No more distractions players can actually focus nowand it shows
- (#14) Baltimore Ravens 4-3- Ravens need more consistency from D to compete for AFC North & wild card
- (#13) Houston Texans 5-3- 3 straight W’s for texans, next up undefeated Colts
- (#10) Arizona Cardinals 4-3- Can’t afford to drop 2 straight, trip to Soldier field can help rewrite their season
- (#12) Atlanta Falcons 4-3- Defense needs improvement if they want a wild card spot
- (#13) Green Bay Packers 4-3- Can aaron rodgers make it through the rest of the season continuing to get beat up.
- (#9) New York Giants 5-3- Coughlin needs to regroup team before their playoff chances slip away
- (#17) San Diego Chargers 4-3- If LT has one of those games with 2tds every other game, watch out broncos.
- (#18) Chicago Bears 4-3- Need forte to be the pro bowl back he was last year to continue their playoff hopes
- (#19) Miami Dolphins 3-4- Swept the Jets, that’ll shut up Mr. Ron White in New York, need a lot of help this year
- (#16) New York Jets 4-4- You can talk all you want, but if you can’t back it up going to be a long year
- (#21) San Fransisco 49ers 3-4- There is no moral victories in the NFL but they have to feel confident going forward.
- (#24) Carolina Panthers 3-4- Iif williams and stewart get back to form from 08 they will be competitive.
- (#20) Jacksonville Jaguars 3-4- MJD enough said, he has carried them this whole year
- (#22) Buffalo Bills 3-5- TO finally scored, on a run? He needs to be involved more for them to not have a losing season.
- (#23) Seattle Seahawks 2-5- Hello Detroit, lions are always a good pick me up. Where is TJ?
- (#25) Washington Redskins 2-5- No offensive struggles this week. Grant it, it was their bye week. But baby steps
- (#28) Tennessee Titans 1-6-Running the ball like that will make vince look good every time.
- (#26) Oakland Raiders 2-5- Nothing really positive coming from Oakland, doesn’t help their coach is in the headlines.
- (#26) Detroit Lions 1-6- Lions can relax rest of season, since they can’t go 0-16 again. Don’t see many more victories on their schedule
- (#29) Kansas City Chiefs 1-6- How can they keep LJ rest of the season, got to put the hammer down.
- (#30) St. Louis Rams 1-7- Anyone else feel bad for Steven Jackson?
- (#32) Tamp Bay Buccaneers 0-7- Hey they didn’t lose, there is something positive
- (#31) Cleveland Browns 1-7- Can mangini last the whole year?
ESPN does a good job of giving their weekly NFL Power Rankings, but sometimes it seems a bit bias. So I’m going to try and speak for the true fans. Here is my week 7 power rankings